Comforting Words: And I Will Rise!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

And I Will Rise!


A picture truly says more than a thousand words and this is so true of this image, courtesy of Freefoto.com

I am trying hard to dig myself out of this rut that opened up and sucked me in almost a month ago. Feeling depressed is something many would never admit to and years ago neither would I. Life, however, has taught me that those things that we would rather keep a secret has a way of biting you in the ass, forcing you to confront it.

Thanks to those of you who have sent me words of encouragement and prayer over this period. A special word of thanks to those of you who called and to those who gave me a hug, maybe not even realizing how healing that was for me.

Members and regular readers of Comforting Words would have received and/or noticed my apologies for not posting as frequently since my mother’s accident. I needed some time to just sit with my pain and yes, my anger and confusion and sort myself out. There comes a point, however, when enough is enough and I think I am at that stage. One of the most difficult things to do is to stop wallowing in self-pity, because it feels so damn good to just keep on saying “Woe is me!”

Leaving one’s comfort zone, even if it is a seemingly pitiful place to others, is not easy. Personally, I was never comfortable in that place of self-pity but must admit that at times it is nice to visit. Everything comes to an end and one must move on – step back fully into this game called Life.

And so, here I am, making my full re-entry, picking up the ball and ready to throw it to my game partners – You.

In case you forgot, this place is a one of refuge, restoration and celebration of all that we are and can become. It is a place for people concerned with love, equality, freedom and justice for all, with special emphasis on women (and the children that they mother) living in difficult circumstances, people who self-identify as lesbians, gays, bi-sexual, transgendered or questioning (LGTBQ).

Comforting Words is where we give (share) our power – that which makes us children of a Source greater than anything in the world. It is where you receive – empowerment as you share. As the host of this community, my commitment is to always keep things real here. The singular obligation of membership in this community is authenticity, hence my unhesitating willingness to share both my pain and my joy.

Membership is easy – simply click on the “Join Our Mailing List,” button to the right of your screen and follow the prompts. We never sell your information – that is my personal commitment. As a member, you are eligible to win our monthly surprise and our special Christmas draw.

Grow with and in this community. Share your story, your life and your dreams, as you feel ready to. You may do so by submitting short articles for posting here or you may prefer talking with me and other members through the discussion forum. Again, to join the discussion forum, simply follow the prompts. We can also communicate by email. Send me one and I will be sure to answer.

Beginning today and over the next few months, there will be some changes at Comforting Words. It is said that only change is constant and as I re-examine my life and the realities that I live with – not least of which are career and academic commitments - adjustments have to be made to Comforting Words.

These adjustments will in fact improve, in my opinion, the substance of our contact and communication. My intention is to have shorter, more frequent posts (both written and audio) on topical and not so topical issues and more lengthy articles, including the continuation of my story, once per month.

Members and readers will have an opportunity to post their comments if they so wish and I really encourage you to do so, as this give me a greater sense as to whether these posts are meaningful to you. There will also be opportunities for you to be proactive in this community and, in the long-term, for we to actually meet face-to-face. I am excited by the ideas for expansion and I hope you will catch the fever and give me your feedback over the next few months.

Again, thanks to all of you for your kind words of encouragement, your prayers and even the kick in the butt – I needed all of it.

Blessings,


Claudette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home